Dear potential future colleague,
Since you’ve ended up on this page, it must mean that you are interested in potentially working at Estrid! We are so honoured. Let us take you through what this role and working with us could look like.
The long story short:
Estrid is growing at a rapid pace and we’re now looking for our first in-house legal hire. We’re searching for an experienced, business-minded, and self-motivated Legal Counsel to join our team in Stockholm. We have spent the past 2,5 years building an amazing community and team and we’re now one of the fastest scaling start-ups in Europe, soon launching new products and brands, so you’ll join in an exciting phase!
Your purpose & impact:
As Legal Counsel at Estrid, you will play an important role in supporting our team in growing the Estrid business and the new brands being developed. You will be our day-to-day legal partner and work closely with our business team leaders to ensure compliance across all areas of the company as we scale and continue on the journey of developing one of the world’s most impactful brand-building organisations, ever.
Some of the things you’ll do:
- Support in various legal matters across the business (related to commercial agreements, strategic partnerships, product development, people/HR, tech, financial structures, GDPR, compliance, IP rights, etc).
- Ensure policies are in place and followed to ensure compliance throughout different parts of the organisation
- Enable the business to make informed and balanced decisions by providing quality legal advice
- Proactively assessing and mitigating key risks of our business, to ensure we stay compliant with legal and regulatory requirements and applicable laws while enabling maximum business growth.
- Draft, review and negotiate legal documents and agreements related to all areas of the company and lead contract negotiations together with business areas
- Set up relevant collaborations with external law firms and be the key point of contact with outside counsels to ensure best in class partnerships that deliver high-quality, high value for money impact
Your skills and experience:
- Degree in law and 3+ years of experience from a law firm and/or an in-house legal department
- Solid business understanding in combination with high proficiency across several legal and compliance disciplines
- Ability to lead contractual negotiations, and to balance legal and business growth interest
- Highly structured with a strong ability to work independently, take ownership, and lead a number of legal matters
- Thrives in a high growth environment, and goes above and beyond to drive success that enables growth
- Experience from R&D/product development, intellectual property, and general commercial agreements is advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in Swedish and English.
What you’ll get:
You will play an important role in taking Estrid to the next level, so you should desire to go above and beyond to produce the best work results. In turn, you will be joining an incredible company and team at a very early stage where everything you do will have a huge impact. For the right person, there are great opportunities to develop and grow together with Estrid. The position is based in central Stockholm, and you'll be reporting to our COO. 🚀
Does this sound like a role made for you? We’re looking forward to hearing from you!✨
Estrid is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, and you are welcome at Estrid for who you are. We believe that the more perspectives we have represented at our office, the more we will all thrive, grow, and bring value to the world. Our community is for everyone, and the same is true for our workplace.