There is something magical happening at Estrid. And it's happening because of the hard work, passion, and creativity that each member of our team brings to the table daily. We like to think that we are more than a razor brand - we’re a dedicated group of people on a humble mission to create the empathetic brands of the future.
Even if we are proud of the work we have done this far, there is so much more to do. So much more, and we want it to do it better, bolder, and in even more unexpected ways. To do that we need the best people. People who are passionate, ambitious, smart, and kind. People who want to be part of something different that has staying power. People who are tired of being stuck in internal processes, who value strategic speed and personal growth. Who come from different backgrounds, with different approaches, and who aren’t afraid to dream big. We would be tremendously excited if you were one of those people who join us early on this journey!
The role Estrid is looking for a Global Communications Manager to help shape the brands of the future by overseeing our public/media relations, product, business, and external/internal communications, on a global scale. In close collaboration with the Brand Marketing team you’ll drive organic visibility through communication to increase customer conversion, retention, and position Estrid as the leading European startup and most loved shaving brand, ever. You will develop strategies and lead the execution of communications projects aiming to enhance perceptions about Estrid, while always ensuring the highest quantity and quality in media coverage and coherent communication across the brand.
Our ideal candidate is someone with a strategic, execution-oriented mindset and roll-up-your-sleeves mentality, with experience in defining long-term communication objectives and driving projects from idea to implementation.
Among other exciting things you will:
- Develop and implement a communications strategy that strategically strengthens Estrids brand positioning among innovators and early adopters whilst ensuring "crossing of the chasm" to the early majority.
- Define quarterly objectives and key results for the communications team that help to advance overreaching company goals, ensuring clarity and delegation among team members
- Streamline existing processes for work, and develop new initiatives that both encourage change and efficiency while providing structure and stability for the communications/PR team
- Develop initiatives that will reinforce messaging about Estrids CSR commitment, that aligns with our vision and lays the framework for larger partnerships
- Work cross-functionally to identify and leverage newsworthy activities and develop engaging presentations, speeches, releases, and other corporate messages for external use that drive the brand perception
- Draft and implement crisis management strategies to mitigate negative media exposure and other similar risks
- Lead the PR handling of inbound press and partnership inquiries and establish and nurture long-term relationships with key opinion leaders (zeitgeist-drivers, influencers, journalists) in emerging and mature markets.
- Establish and lead strategic and creative roadmap with local PR-partners (agencies), negotiate ongoing terms and follow up on KPIs
- Work closely with the Brand Marketing and People team to coordinate and prioritize communications activities that drive organic visibility through creative and strategic storytelling to increase customer and candidate conversion and retention.
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of experience from similar roles, preferably in a fast scaling environment
- A natural leader who is agile and can adapt to change and rapid growth
- Comfortable with uncertainty, and often described as scrappy/inventive
- Strategic with a highly ambitious mindset
- A history of working with crisis management and press training
- Exceptional written and verbal communicator with a positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills, and attention to detail. Fluent in Swedish and English.
- Experience in internal communication and go-to-market-strategies is a plus
You will play an important role in taking the Estrid brand to the next level, so you should desire to go above and beyond to produce the best work results. In turn, you will be joining an incredible company and team at a very early stage where everything you do will have a huge impact. The position is based at our office in Stockholm City.
Does this sound like a role made for you? We look forward to hearing from you! ✨
Estrid is one of Europe's fastest scaling startups made up of a community of dedicated creators and doers who are, perhaps without always realizing it, changing an entire industry. We root for movements and cultural shifts we believe in, and we’re here to help lead the way. We are a brand and company that’s not afraid of doing things differently but in fact, celebrate differences in all shapes and forms. We need people who can fill those shoes.
Are you ready to move mountains? Good, because so are we.🚀
Estrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.